Skate the City Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Skate the City Forums

Skate, Skate hard.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...

Go down 
+11
nacho98177
AhhhDurDur
mistahdabolina1
trex
everybodysenemy
Meldreezy
thistissam
leyesa
illmatics0lE23
11_21
sanfranciscoknight
15 posters
AuthorMessage
sanfranciscoknight
Heat Seekers
sanfranciscoknight

Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... Empty
PostSubject: Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...   Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 12:38 am

So I was looking at the archive on the Nike Sb site for no reason and I was wondering...
How come the dunks that were released a couple of years ago are so much cleaner than the ones that have been releasing lately? Do you think it's because of hype or just that Nike is running out of ideas? I would do anything to go back to 2004/2005 and be able to get the Futaras, Vamps, Flashes and Heinys for retail. If only Nike came out with a nice shoe without any fur or ridiculous design now a days. What do you guys think happened?
Back to top Go down
https://hs.facebook.com/profile.php?id=631582344
11_21
Local Legend
Local Legend
11_21

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...   Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 12:55 am

I think Nike is trying to hard, they can make some solid colorways if they didnt focus so much on making SBs with crazy design, look at the Flashes, 2 colors, orange and black, and they are very clean shoe, Nike should realize that their over done designs don't sell well and appeal to consumers. Example, Coral Snakes, one of the ugliest SBs, IMO, because they tryed to do to much with the yellow and red snake skin.
Back to top Go down
sanfranciscoknight
Heat Seekers
sanfranciscoknight

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...   Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 1:05 am

11_21 wrote:
I think Nike is trying to hard, they can make some solid colorways if they didnt focus so much on making SBs with crazy design, look at the Flashes, 2 colors, orange and black, and they are very clean shoe, Nike should realize that their over done designs don't sell well and appeal to consumers. Example, Coral Snakes, one of the ugliest SBs, IMO, because they tryed to do to much with the yellow and red snake skin.

Can't agree more. Maybe Nike thought that since they became so big, they should start making shoes with more intense designs.
.... Didn't work. Those Coral Snakes definitely are one of the ugliest sbs, would never wear them. If they just came out with a red/white/black low, they could hype it up and make a lot of money off of it.
Back to top Go down
11_21
Local Legend
Local Legend
11_21

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...   Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 1:23 am

sanfranciscoknight wrote:
11_21 wrote:

Can't agree more. Maybe Nike thought that since they became so big, they should start making shoes with more intense designs.
.... Didn't work. Those Coral Snakes definitely are one of the ugliest sbs, would never wear them. If they just came out with a red/white/black low, they could hype it up and make a lot of money off of it.
Great point, I believe that once Nike SB got so big, they started slacking, thinking it didn't matter anymore what they're designs were, they believed they could make money off of any thing they released cuz of the hype.
Back to top Go down
illmatics0lE23
Local Legend
Local Legend
illmatics0lE23

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...   Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 1:20 pm

11_21 wrote:

i think there are runny out of ideas.. thas why they came out with takashi 2's.. but nowadays hey av been comming out with the ugliest colorway ever! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/kevdizzle1594
leyesa
Mr. WDYWT/Forum Mod
leyesa

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...   Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 3:54 pm

all the new sb's are ugly smh
Back to top Go down
thistissam
Local Legend
Local Legend
thistissam

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...   Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... EmptySat Jan 19, 2008 1:50 am

I think that maybe they are struggling a little bit, just compare old->NEW
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/iamhellacool69
Meldreezy
unknown
unknown
Meldreezy

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...   Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... EmptyTue Jan 22, 2008 1:29 am

i havent purchased a new release till now, i really think they're just running out of ideas
Back to top Go down
11_21
Local Legend
Local Legend
11_21

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...   Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... EmptyTue Jan 22, 2008 1:36 am

Meldreezy wrote:
i havent purchased a new release till now, i really think they're just running out of ideas
Yea, they should focus on making nice, simple colorways, they are trying to hard to make flashy shoes to attract attention, when most the time everyone just thinks they are ugly.
Back to top Go down
everybodysenemy
Heat Seekers
everybodysenemy

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...   Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... EmptyTue Jan 22, 2008 4:10 am

they should get ideas from customizers!

because if people order them, that means people want them!
and they should have a place on there site with suggestions!
Back to top Go down
http://everybodysenemy.blogspot.com
trex
Heat Seekers
trex

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...   Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... EmptyTue Jan 22, 2008 7:14 pm

more beer shoes. hahahahah.
food shoes are just lame.

though a wonderbread one would be cool.
Back to top Go down
http://google.com
mistahdabolina1
unknown
unknown

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...   Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 2:54 am

maybe nike sb needs to lay off the dunks for a bit casue every other shoe thats and sb is clean simple and skatable
and you wont feel bad for skating in 80-100 shoes
Back to top Go down
sanfranciscoknight
Heat Seekers
sanfranciscoknight

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...   Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 4:05 am

mistahdabolina1 wrote:
maybe nike sb needs to lay off the dunks for a bit casue every other shoe thats and sb is clean simple and skatable
and you wont feel bad for skating in 80-100 shoes

Well without dunks what do they have that people would wear casually? I can't see myself rocking Zoom Tres to school, MAYBE Team Editions but I don't know. Nike Sb should come out with a dope Team Edition
Back to top Go down
AhhhDurDur
SOLE SKATERS
AhhhDurDur

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...   Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... EmptyThu Jan 24, 2008 5:52 am

the original will always be better than whatever comes later. because if there was no original, there would be nothing after
Back to top Go down
nacho98177
unknown
unknown

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...   Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... EmptyTue Jan 29, 2008 11:01 pm

its been like this for the nike sb's, jordans and airforces
alot of nike sb's newr shoes are going for color probably becuase of hype.
like its been all about the colors lately
Back to top Go down
nelajbbat
unknown
unknown
nelajbbat

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...   Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 8:13 pm

theyre definitely running out of ideas bacause they have already released so many colorways they just sit theyre and put ugly colors together
Back to top Go down
trex
Heat Seekers
trex

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...   Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... EmptyFri Feb 01, 2008 9:08 pm

its not directly linked to SB's, but indirectly it is:

WTF?!?!!? why are they making a Jordan 24?!
Back to top Go down
http://google.com
[solegreedie]
unknown
unknown
[solegreedie]

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...   Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... EmptyTue Feb 12, 2008 9:37 pm

11_21 wrote:

i agree with u all the way they are tryng way to hard!!!
Back to top Go down
Justin.
Admin
Justin.

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...   Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 12:55 pm

i think there should be nike sb id...
Back to top Go down
11_21
Local Legend
Local Legend
11_21

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...   Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 11:41 pm

^they would be cool, but the colors would be way watered down so you couldn't create shoes that have already came out such as Flashes, Vamps and True Reds and the other SB's that have simple colorways, but there are a lot of simple colorways Nike hasn't come out with so that would actually be pretty cool, the materials would be crappy though.
Back to top Go down
11_21
Local Legend
Local Legend
11_21

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...   Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... EmptyWed Feb 13, 2008 11:42 pm

I meant to say that that would be so cool.
Back to top Go down
IIXBRIANXII
unknown
unknown

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...   Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 11:15 pm

The new Nike Sbs have deffinitely lacking creativity.
Back to top Go down
11_21
Local Legend
Local Legend
11_21

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...   Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... EmptyFri Feb 15, 2008 12:44 am

IIXBRIANXII wrote:
The new Nike Sbs have deffinitely lacking creativity.
I dont think they are lacking creativity, I think they are trying to hard to be creative and they end up releasing sh!tty, ugly colored shoes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...   Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately... Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Opinions on Nike Sb Lately...
Page 1 of 1